Mercedes-Benz Car Care | Atlanta, Georgia
Car Care for your Mercedes-Benz
For the Month of April, we celebrate National Car Care Awareness in Atlanta.
April means that the spring season is here, and summer is right around the corner.
With it being National Car Care Month, now is an excellent time to make sure your Mercedes-Benz is up to speed for those long weekends by the lake and vacation trips with the family.
Prepare Your Mercedes for Summer Heat
To prevent your system from working harder than it must, make sure you replace your air filters regularly. Replacing you’re A/C will improve the air quality inside your car, too. Many mechanics will also offer specials to check and fix your AC system to ensure it is reaching peak efficiency.
Under the Hood
You want to look for any loose or cracked hoses. Be sure to pay attention to the rubber components (hoses and belts); make sure they are not warped or frayed. Check that all the caps are tight and that they are not broken. You also want to make sure there is not any debris blocking anything, especially around the radiator and air filter.
Look for signs of a leak not only under the hood but also on the ground. Condensation dripping is normal when you are using the AC, but colorful or oily liquids can be a sign of trouble, and you should have it inspected by a mechanic.
The rise in the temperature can take a toll on your battery. Before you have trouble starting your car, stop by your local auto store in Atlanta, Georgia to have it tested.
Tire pressure alters when the temperature changes, which can happen overnight. When the tire pressure is over or under the recommended measurement, it makes your ride less fuel-efficient. It can also cause your tires to wear unevenly, meaning you will have to replace them more frequently. Rotating and balancing tires regularly improves fuel efficiency and handling as well.
Also, swapping out your winter tires for summer tires will help with handling and gripping the road better during the warmer months.
Part of preparing your car for the summer heat includes making sure your radiator has plenty of coolant. Your radiator is one of the components you should inspect while you have the hood up. Keeping an eye on the temperature gauge located on your dashboard will help you avoid problems and alert you when your vehicle is running too hot.
If it is running hot, you can try turning on the heat to pull the hot air from the engine. Running hot could also mean your coolant is too low or you have a leak. You should also always keep extra coolant in your trunk.
Icy winter conditions cause much wear on your wiper blades; you will need to replace them to prepare your car for summer if they are worn. Inspect your wipers by lifting the arm to see if the bottom edge is still flat and in one piece. If you notice they are making a chattering sound or leaving streaks, usually means it’s time to have them changed out.
More basic car care tips:
- Follow the Service Schedule Meticulously- Each Mercedes-Benz has a maintenance schedule designed to prolong the life of the vehicle and replace wear items before they cause other problems.
- Wash Your Car Often- Dirt, dust and other substances can collect on your car’s finish and cause the top coat to wear. In areas with frequent snowfall, road salt can also accumulate on the undercarriage and body, leading to corrosion. Wash the exterior of your Mercedes-Benz at least once or twice a month to remove excess dirt and contaminants.
- Undercarriage- Have your undercarriage inspected and cleaned by a professional in Atlanta. Salt from the roads can eat away your paint and cause corrosion, which may lead to rust if not properly cleaned and treated.
- Brakes- It’s a good idea to have your brakes inspected and checked for any brake line issues and suspension problems. Cold temps can corrode brake lines if they are not in the best of shape. Also, driving on winter roads can cause increased wear and tear on brakes from stopping short and slamming them on wintery roads.
- Belts/Hoses- Since belts and hoses can become weakened in cold temps, it doesn’t hurt to have your local Mercedes-Benz mechanic inspect them to make sure none are loose or have cracks
- Check the Oil Regularly
- Pay attention to the Coolant Level
Maintain your Mercedes
The Car Care Council recommends that motorists should follow their Mercedes-Benz preventive maintenance schedule specified in the manual (for their make and model).
Keep up with regular Mercedes-Benz maintenance in Atlanta, Georgia and keep a keen eye on the little things that can surface with your Mercedes-Benz and don’t wait when the check light comes on.
Spring into action with these Mercedes-Benz maintenance checks to get it ready for the warmer months ahead, after the brutal winter we just had.
Your trusted Mercedes-Benz mechanic can help get your Mercedes-Benz ready for springtime driving. If you don’t have an expert Mercedes-Benz specialist, we recommend you give us a try. Book a consultation with us today or give us a call 404-875-9256.
New Customers receive 10% Off their first visit.