Top 5 Ways To Maintain Your Mercedes
Top 5 Ways To Maintain Your Mercedes
You’ve made an investment when you purchased a Mercedes. Now, you must maintain your Mercedes in order to keep it running in mint condition. Mercedes believes that “The Best or Nothing.” Mercedes-Benz continues on its long history of bringing new technology innovations to market. Based on this tradition, customers of Mercedes-Benz have come to expect nothing less than technological leadership. That means Mercedes-Benz must deliver the very best in all areas: research and development, production, sales, service, purchasing and aftermarket business.
At Austrian Motors, we are committed to delivering exceptional service and parts from the minute you enter our Mercedes Benz authorized service center, throughout the life of your vehicle and beyond. Maintain your Mercedes and increase the longevity of your Mercedes.
The information provided in this article is generic and service and maintenance requirements for each Mercedes Benz vary greatly and depend on year and model.
For accurate information pertaining to your specific vehicle please refer to your owner’s manual, and also feel free to contact us directly.
If you have any problems with your Mercedes or want to have your vehicle inspected Austrian Motors offers a FREE 50 POINT INSPECTION for all new customers. Come on in and we will treat your Mercedes and you like family.
We, at Austrian Motors believe that the top 5 ways to your maintain your Mercedes in Atlanta are…
- Checking the Oil – Park your vehicle on a level surface. The engine should be switched off for approximately five minutes if the engine is at normal operating temperature. The engine should be switched off for at least 30 minutes if the engine is not at operating temperature, for example, if you only start the engine briefly. This is to give the oil time to come down out of the engine and into the reservoir. Pull the oil dipstick out of the dipstick guide tube. Wipe the oil off the dipstick. Slowly slide oil dipstick into the guide tube to the stop, and take it out again. If the level is between MIN mark = and MAX mark; the oil level is correct. If not, add oil as necessary. By the way, the G65 AMG® checks its oil for you via the on-board computer.
- Maintaining and Checking the Cooling System – A 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water keeps the cooling system in proper shape and prevents corrosion and deposits from developing inside the cooling system. Checking the coolant level is quite simple. Only check the coolant level when the vehicle is on a level surface and the engine has cooled down. In a Mercedes-Benz the way to know the coolant temperature is to just turn the SmartKey to position 2 in the ignition lock and check the coolant temperature display in the instrument cluster. (The coolant temperature must be below 158 degrees F [70 C] to open the coolant reservoir) if coolant needs to be added. Slowly turn cap half a turn counterclockwise (to allow excess pressure to escape) and add coolant.
- Keep it clean – While washing the outside of the vehicle is obvious, most everything the vehicle ran over can also get stuck to the underside. Hosing off winter’s road grime and buildup is a good idea. Don’t get in the habit of thinking “What’s the point? It’ll get all splashed up again.” The less time moisture has in the nooks and crannies the better – Especially the underside.
- Keep an eye on the other side of the driving equation -We’ve discussed the best ways to keep you vehicle going, one of the best ways to do that is to not have it in heavy impacts or to avoid them all together. Check your brake fluid level, listen for any unusual sounds when you apply the brakes, and feel for any pulling.
- Check and keep proper tire pressure – Think about this for a moment, as large as your auto is, the actual footprint is about two (2) square feet total. Only the bottom of the tires, at any given time, gives you starting, stopping and maneuvering ability. Give them the best chance to do so, proper inflation and all at the same pressure.
Anything outside these top 5 ways to maintain your Mercedes, remember you don’t have to be subject to the dealership where you purchased your Mercedes. We Use Mercedes-Benz Factory Testing Equipment, Online Mercedes-Benz Tech Support and Latest Tools.
Our service manager and technicians have nearly 100 years of combined experience. We are a BOSCH authorized service center with a passion for complete customer care. Our technicians are factory trained and certified, so you have peace of mind that your car will be given the attention and world class service it deserves. We Offer: Also Check out our specials
- Factory recommended maintenance
- Major and minor repairs
- Mercedes Factory Diagnostics / Star Diagnostics
- Minor dent removal
- Window tinting
- Touch up painting
- Installation of GPS and audio equipment
- Competitive prices
- Immediate attention / Quick turnarounds
- Estimates before any work is done
- Extensive record keeping on each car
- Original quality Mercedes parts
- Mercedes transmission repair and replacement
Extended Warranty on ALL Bosch Parts – 24 Month/ 24,000 Miles
The standard warranty on parts replaced or repaired is a 12 month/12,000 miles warranty. We go above and beyond for our customers and DOUBLE the life of the warranty as long as you get your vehicle serviced by a certified BOSCH service center. Most of our service work can be completed within one day, and we always contact our customers with an estimate before any job is started.
In addition to our excellent service, we use only Mercedes quality parts, when servicing and repairing your vehicle to ensure top performance of your vehicle. To schedule your next service appointment, please Contact Us. Also, ask us about our Special Deals on Mercedes-Benz service.